Department Of Botany is established in 1946, the Department is a full-fledged Department conducting Graduate and Postgraduate courses and Research programme. Department of Botany envisions providing the platform for academicians to interact on key issues.
Department of Botany at a glance
- Oldest PG & Research Department of the college which has produced the first Doctoral Degree in Botany(Ph. D) of M. G. University
- 23 Scholars have been awarded Ph. D till date
- Eleven ongoing Ph. D Programmes
- Undertaking R & D Projects
- Conducted international, national and state level seminars and workshops
- Started UGC sponsored Career Oriented Programme in Plant Resource Development and Management in 2010
- Started UGC sponsored Coaching Centre for UGC/CSIR/ JRF/NET Examination in Life Science in 2010
- Student progression – 80% is going for higher studies & 40 % is getting placements
- Field visits and Study Tours are Conducted regularly for UG and PG students
1. B. Sc. Botany (CBCSS) Programme
The Department started in 1957 with the Graduate Course in Botany. The Open Course for B. Sc. (CBCSS) programme is a Horticulture and Nursery Management. The choice based core course is Phytochemistry and Pharmacognosy
2. M. Sc. Botany (PG CSS) Programme
The Post-Graduate Course in the Department began in the year 1966. The specialization of PG programme in Microbiology.
3. Ph. D Programme
Department has been upgraded as Research Centre of the Mahatma Gandhi University in 1985. The center has produced 22 Ph. D degrees till date and eleven programmes are on-going.
Research Guides in Botany: