1892St. Albert’s school started on Feb 1, 1892 with only 31 students. The school was established by Italian Missionary, Vicar General Rev. Fr. Candice, under the direction from then Archbishop of Verapoly, His Grace the Most Rev. Dr. Leonardo Mellano.
1896On August 4, 1896, the school was elevated to the level of Lower Secondary School
1897The two Gothic buildings which have been important land marks of Cochin City were constructed in 1897. The design and construction was carried out by Mr. Raiappan of Kottar village in erstwhile Travancore State.
1898In 1898 due to shortage of students at St. Philomina’s High School in Koonammavu, its students and teachers were incorporated into St. Albert’s School, which had greatly helped our school to be upgraded to a High school level, and on Jan 11, 1898 formal up-gradation was done.
1898On August 18, 1898 school got the recognition of Madras University.
1907In 1907 a new building was constructed at the north east corner of the school ground, which was meant for hostel and chapel, school chapel still resides at this building.
1946July 16, St. Albert’s College started in the St. Albert’s H.S. Building with 150 Intermediate Course Students, affiliated to Madras University
1946Very Rev. Msgr. Joseph Vaipicherry, took charge as the Manager of Both St. Albert’s High School and St. Albert’s College
1946Prof. & Grand Chevalier L.M. Pylee was appointed the first Principal
1946Dec. 20, Foundation Stone for the New College Building was laid by the Founder Patron Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Attipetty
1947Prof. L.M. Pylee was elevated Education Minister of Travancore-Kochi State
1947Rev. Dr. Luke Burke, O.F.M. (Ireland) was appointed the second Principal
1947Degree Courses were started in Botany, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics
1949Prof. L.M. Pylee was appointed Principal for the second time
1952Dec. 31, New College Building was blessed by His Eminence Norman Thomas Cardinal Gilroy (Sydney Archbishop)
1956Very Rev. Msgr. Xavier Kaniyampurath was appointed the third Principal
1957Rt. Rev. Msgr. Alexander Lenthaparambil took charge as the Manager
1960Rt. Rev. Msgr. Francis Payyappilly took charge as the Manager
1963B.Com. Degree course started
1964M.Sc. Maths & Botany P.G. Degree courses started
1970January 21, Archbishop Attipetty expired
1971Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Kelanthara took charge as the second Patron
1973Rev. Dr. Augustine O. Konnully was appointed the fourth Principal
1978Rt. Rev. Msgr. Emmanuel Lopez took charge as the Manager
1978Rev. Fr. Antony J. Panakkal was appointed the fifth Principal
1978March 11, Rt. Rev. Dr. Antony Thannikot consecrated Auxiliary Bishop and took charge as Co-Patron
1979Rev. Fr. Sebastian Kunnathoor was appointed Bursar
1980M.Com. P.G. Degree course started
1983M.Sc. Chemistry P.G. Degree course started
1984Rev. Fr. Raphael Ollattupuram took charge as the Manager
1984Feb. 24, Bishop Thannikot expired
1985Prof. C.B. Peter was appointed the sixth Principal
1986Oct. 19, Archbishop Kelanthara expired
1987March 19, Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Cornelius Elenjikal took charge as the 3rd Patron
1987Rev. Dr. Joseph Thaikoodan took charge as the Manager
1987Prof. A. J. Benjamin appointed as the seventh Principal
1992Prof. Joseph Leslie Nedungadan appointed as the eighth Principal
1993Prof. Mathew Pylee appointed as the nineth Principal
1993IGNOU started
1993C.A. Professional Education – I started
1994Prof. P. G. Michael appointed as the tenth Principal
1995B.Sc. Aqua culture started
1996Prof. Mathew J. Vaz appointed as the eleventh Principal
1996B.Sc. Industrial Fish & Fishery started
1996Purchased 3.25 acres of land at Pizhala and developed a modern aquaculture demonstration Farm
1996New College Auditorium opened
1996Golden Jubilee Celebrations
1996Archbishop Cornelius Elenjikal retired
1996Nov. 3, Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil took charge as the Fourth Patron
1998Rev. Fr. Jose Chelangara took charge as the Manager
1998Research Centre, Commerce started
1998Research Centre, Maths started
1999M.Sc. Physics started
1999State of Art Tennis complex with Australian Flexy cushion surface inaugurated
1999Prof. M.R. Joseph appointed as the twelfth Principal
2000Research Centre, Chemistry started
2000New Seminar Hall opened
2000B.A. English started
2001B.Sc. Voc. Chemistry started
2002C.A. Professional Education – II started
2002College declared Complete Computer Literate
2002College Chapel blessed
2003College Nationally accredited at the B++ level by NAAC
2003New College Canteen inaugurated
2003Rev. Dr. Clement Valluvassery took charge as the Manager
2003Prof. P. J. Leslie appointed as the thirteenth Principal
2004State of Art Basket Ball court with international standards inaugurated
2004Carrier oriented Add-on courses started
2004Business English certificate course started
2004Inauguration of Bio-Science Lab Complex in the newly constructed building
2005M A English started
2006Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
2006MBA Course started
2006Albertian Institute of Management (AIM) was blessed by Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil on 17th May 2006
2006Co-education introduced to aided undergraduate courses
2007ISO 9001:2000 certified by TUV Rheinland
2007Prof. Stanley was appointed as the fourteenth Principal
2007Prof. Titus Correya was appointed as Vice Principal
2007Research Centre, Zoology started
2007Research Centre, Botany started
2007B.Sc. Animation Course started 2007
2008A state of the Art English Language Lab with latest facilities inaugurated
2008Chemistry Lab accredited by Pollution Control Board
2008Inauguration of CRG Group – Research Lab of Conservation Research Group
2008Foundation stone laid for Women’s Hostel by Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil
2008Chemistry Department selected under FIST program by Department of Science and Technology
2009Co-education introduced to aided postgraduate courses
2009State of the Art Council Hall “Concillium” inaugurated
2009College Nationally accredited at A Grade with CGPA of 3.23 out of 4 by NAAC
2009Certificate in Accounting Technicians of ICWAI started
2010Prof. Harry Cleetus was appointed as Vice Principal
2010ISO 9001:2008 re certified by TUV Rheinland
2010Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Francis Kallarackal took charge as the Fifth Patron on 11th April 2010
2011Digital spectroscopy lab inaugurated in Physics Department
2011M.Sc. in Space Science and Technology started
2012Prof Harry Cleetus was appointed as the 15th Principal
2012Dr. Cyriac Mathew was appointed as Vice Principal
2012B.Com Computer Application started
2013Rev. Fr. Antony Arackal took charge as the manager
2013M A Economics started
2013Skill Development Centre of Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture started
2013Ph D Course Work (Chemistry, Mathematics, Commerce, Botany, Zoology) Started
2014Rev.Fr. Christy David Pathiala took charge as the first Assistant Manager
2014New Indoor Stadium cum Multipurpose Hall Inaugurated
2014BBA (Business Administration) Started
2014B. Voc. Logistics Management Started
2014B. Voc. Renewable Energy Started
2014Inauguration of – Ornamental Fish Culture Lab
2014Science Departments of the College selected under FIST program by Department of Science and Technology
2014Foundation Stone Laid for the New Block of the St. Albert’s College
2015A state of the Art Seminar Hall with latest facilities inaugurated
2015St. Albert’s College is recommended by Kerala Higher Education Council for Autonomous Status
2015BVoc Renewable Energy Lab (Thermal Energy, Wind Energy, Solar Energy, and other related equipments)
2015Instrumentation Lab with the support of Department of Science and Technology (FIST)
2015B. Com Taxation (SF) Started
2015B. Sc Computer Science (SF) Started
2015M S W Social Work (SF) Started
2015Air Conditioned Mac Lab (Apple-Lab)
2016Inauguration of New Academic Building by Archbishop Dr. Francis Kallarackal
2016College Nationally accredited at A Grade NAAC (Third Cycle)
2016Dr. M L Joseph was appointed as the Principal-in-charge, Dr. V S Sadanandan & Dr. Titus Correya were appointed as Vice Principals
2016UGC confirmed Autonomous status to St. Albert’s College from academic year 2016-2017
2016Albertian Centre for Language Studies Started
2016Albertian Centre for Social Research & Civic Studies Started
2016St. Albert’s Voluntary Executive (SAVE) & Albertian English Learning (AELP) Started
2016Green Energy Project – 40 KV Solar power grid installed
2017Archbishop Dr. Joseph Kalathiparambil took charge as the 6th Patron
2017Albertian International Educational Expo & Knowledge Summit started
2017Centre for Competitive Studies & Civil Service Grooming Program (Residential) in association with KRLCC started
2017Rev. Fr. Joseph Sherin Chemmayath took charge as Vice Chairman
2017Best Albertian Student Award & Best Student Award for passing out batch of each program constituted
2018Albertian Academy for Sports & Health Studies started
2018Physical Education Centre inaugurated at Sports Campus, Kaloor
2018College Ranked (NIRF) between 100 – 150 by MHRD
2018Albertian Centre for Culture & Heritage Studies started
2018Albertian Centre for Spiritual Studies started
2018Albertian Space Observatory installed
2018Rev. Fr. John Christopher Vadassery took charge as Vice Principal
2019Dr. Rosalind Gonzaga took charge as Vice Principal
2019Rev. Fr. Jolly John Odathackal took charge as Vice Chairman
2019Dr. Nelson Rodrigues took charge as Principal
2020Hosted third Albertian International Educational Expo 2020/ Albertian Knowledge Summit 2020/ Arts Fest 2020
2020Ranked 97th in NIRF India Rank 2020
2021Dr. Soloman M A took charge as Principal
2021Rev. Fr. John Christopher Vadassery took charge as Registrar
2021Dr. Sabu M C took charge as Vice Principal
2021Rev. Dr. Antony Thoppil took charge as Chairman & Manager
2022Rev. Fr. Vincent Naduvilaparambil took charge as Vice Chairman & Bursar
2022Dr. Bijoy V M took charge as Principal In-Charge