Welcome To Our Department
To be an exemplary department in the field of Renewable energy to develop an energy efficient future and to advance global collaboration in adoption of the low carbon, Renewable energy sources and technologies which provide sustainable job creation and positive economic impact.
➢ Impart state of the art knowledge in the field of Renewable Energy and sustainable development.
➢ Inculcate the culture of sustainable habitat through improvements in energy efficiency, promotion and coordination in Renewable energy sources such as Solar Power, Wind and biogas.
➢ Facilitate the professionals with commitment towards social & ethical values.
➢ To expand sustainable Knowledge, skills and mindset that motivates individuals to become deeply committed to build a sustainable future and to make effective decisions.
Department at a glance
- Commenced in 2014 as an Initiative of UGC and affiliated to M.G. University, Kottayam
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma is awarded to students leaving the courses after the first & second year by Skill Council for Green Jobs.
- One of the Class rooms in the department was made solar powered in 2018.
- Skill Oriented Course with emphasis on Industry – Academia Collaboration: Hands On Training & On job Training for the students.
- Students assembled solar lamps as a part of Gandhi Global Solar yatra (An initiative of IIT Bombay) on Oct 2nd, 2020 marking the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Students assembled LED lamps and provided them to the flood victims in Wayanad.
- Department won the First Prize in the Department Category of Albertian Energy Conservation award in 2020.
Message from HoD
It gives me immense pleasure to introduce the Department of Renewable Energy of St. Albert’s College (Autonomous), which has completed 6 years of academic excellence with the far-sighted and commendable services rendered by the faculty members all through these years. The Department started with the Under Graduate B.Voc course in 2014 and the Post Graduate M.Voc course commenced in 2020. We have developed our own curriculum for B.Voc. & M.Voc Degree progammes with the involvement of Industry.
The academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities like Hands on Training, On job Training & field visits have helped the students immensely in moulding their character, enabling them to be committed and competent individuals in family and society. The qualified and experienced teachers are the backbone of the Department providing inspiration and encouragement. The strong support provided by the Management and the Principal to the Department in all its activities are commendable. It is to be highlighted that the Department is still striving hard to keep up its motif of excellence in every aspect of its activities, academic and non-academic. Above all the guidance and blessings we have received from the almighty has helped us to reach this far and we firmly believe that the same grace will lead us ahead in the years to come.
Pearl Antonette Mendez