|Chairman: (Head of the Department not below the rank of an Associate Professor, if he has a|
Ph. D, on the basis of seniority from among the Heads of Departments whose subjects are covered by that Board of Studies, who shall be the Chairman of the Board: Provided that in the absence of such a Head of Department, a teacher not below the rank of an Associate Professor with Ph. D in a subject covered by that Board of Studies, nominated by the Principal, shall be the Chairman of the Board.)
|1/1||Dr. Sadanandan V S||Associate Professor||Ph.D|
|Entire faculty of each specialization|
|1.||Sri. Krishnankutty P||Associate Professor – Fiction||M.Phil|
|2.||Dr. Ajai G Kamath||Assistant Professor – Fiction||Ph.D|
|Experts in the Subject: (two experts in the subject from outside the parent university to be nominated by Academic Council)|
|1.||Dr. P. Ravi||Professor , Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady||Ph.D|
|2.||Dr. Radhika. P||Professor, Dakshin Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha, Ernakulam||Ph.D|
|Nominee of Vice Chancellor: one expert to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor from a panel of six experts recommended by the Principal|
|1.||Dr. Ajitha K||Professor,Dept.of Hindi, CUSAT, Kochi – 22||Subject Expert (Ph. D)|
|2.||Dr. B. Vijayakumar||Associate Professor, Dept.of Hindi, Sri. C. Achutha Menon Govt.College, Kuttanelloor, Thrissur.||Ph.D|
|3.||Dr. K. Mohan Pillai||Associate Professor, Dept. of Hindi, M.A College, Kothamangalam.||Ph.D|
|4.||Dr. Usha Nair||Associate Professor, Associate Professor, Dept. of Hindi, St. Theresas College, Ernakulam||Ph.D|
|5.||Dr. Geetha P||Associate Professor, Dept. of Hindi, Sree Vyasa N S S College, Wadakanchery, Thrissur.||Ph.D|
|6.||Dr. Geethakunjamma||Professor, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady||Ph.D|
|Placement Representatives: (one representative each from industry, corporate sector or allied area relating to placement)|
|Mr.Sunilkumar T||Industry Manager (Administration), Modern Foods Enterprises Private Limited, Edappally,Ernakulam||B.Com, PG Diploma in Material management.|
|Meritorious alumnus: (one meritorious alumnus to be nominated by the Principal/Chairman Board of Studies with the approval of Principal)|
|Dr. Sujith||Assistant Prof. Dept.of Statistics, Maharajas College, Ernakulam.|
|Experts from outside whenever special courses of studies are to be formulated|
|1.||Dr. R Sasidharan||Professor, Dept. Of Hindi, CUSAT, Kochi – 22||PhD|
|2.||Dr. Babu Joseph||Associate Professor, Dept. of Hindi, K E College, Mannanam, Kottayam.||PhD|
|Other Teachers of the College:|
|Sri. Krishnankutty P||Associate Professor||M.Phil|
|2.||Dr. Ajai G Kamath||Assistant Professor||Ph.D|
- The term of the members nominated to the Board of Studies of an Autonomous College shall be three years.
- The Principal of the college shall draw up the schedule for meeting of the Board of Studies of the Autonomous College for different departments. The meeting may be held as and when necessary, but at least two such meeting shall be held in a year.
- One-third of the members of the Board of Studies shall constitute the quorum.
- In the temporary absence of the Chairman, the teacher next in seniority shall act as the Chairman and convene the meeting on the request of the Principal.
- Where it is necessary to deal with any academic matter that affects more than one Boards, the Principal may convene a joint meeting of two or more Board of Studies of the Autonomous College, as he deems necessary, and such meeting shall be presided over by a Chairman elected in such joint meeting.
Powers and functions of Board of Studies of an Autonomous College
- to prepare curriculum for various academic programmes keeping in view the objectives of the college, interest of the stake holders and national requirement, with the approval of the Academic Council of the Autonomous College:
Provided that the Board of Studies of the Autonomous College shall ensure that the proposal for the academic programme conforms substantially to the duration, number of credits, evaluation and grading system prescribed, if any, by the University for that academic programme:
Provided further that the Board of Studies of the Autonomous College shall ensure that the proposal will not have the effect of lowering the academic standards prescribed by the University;
- to recommend books wherein the prescribed subjects are suitably dealt with, for the reference of teachers and students and also to recommend textbooks as and when required;
- to suggest methodologies for innovative teaching and evaluation techniques;
- to suggest panel of names to the Academic Council of the Autonomous College for appointment of examiners; and to co-ordinate research, teaching, extension and other academic activities in the department or college.