- 2014 M G University approved professional affiliation to B.Voc programmes sponsored by UGC under NSQF and the Department of Renewable Energy was estavlished
- 2017 The first batch of B.Voc Renewable Energy has come out in the year with excellent academic results under M G University bagging First and Second University Ranks.
The students of 2016-2019 Batch proposed a Vertical Axis Highway wind mill system as part of Educational Expo which got huge appreciation.
- 2018 The final year students of 2015-2018 Batch implemented an innovative project by turning their classroom into Solar powered classroom with 6 hours of battery backup.
The students of the department started cultivation and gardening in the college campus as apart of GO GREEN.
- 2019 Students assembled 75 Solar Lamps under the guidance of the faculty members as part of Student Solar Ambassador Workshop organized by IIT Bombay.
Students assembled 50 LED lamps for the houses in the flood affected areas of Wayanad
- For Exceptional achievement in Energy Efficiency, February 18th, 2020
First Prize in Department Category – Department of Renewable Energy
As we all know the fuel prices especially the petrol is rising steadily day by day. Again the pollution due to vehicles in metro cities & urban areas is increasing continuously.
To overcome these problems, an effort is being made to search some other alternative sources of energy for the vehicles. Again, it is also not affordable to purchase vehicles (mopeds, scooters or motorcycles) for all the class of society. Keeping this in mind, a search for some way to cater these economically poor people as well as to provide a solution for the environmental pollution was in progress.
The solar assisted bicycle developed is driven by DC motor fitted in rear axle housing & operated by solar energy. The solar panels mounted on the carriage will charge the battery & which in turn drive the hub motor.