10-2-2016 – The English Association (TEA) organized a talk by Mr. James Arpookkara, Rtd. Chief Photographer of Malayala Manorama.
10-6-2016 — A Talk on “Poetry and Resistance” was given by Tenzi Tsundue as part of the International Lecture Series.
13-6-2016 — As part of the International Lecture Series ‘Alternatives’, a lecture on “Indianness and Nationalism” was given by Tushar Gandhi, the great grandson of Mahatma Gandhi.
29-6-2016 – “Start, Camera, Action!” by the experienced movie experts Jaiprakash Radhakrishnan and Johnson P. Devassy.
11-7-2016 – A talk on “Students and Social Responsibilities” by Archana Rao D’Cruz.
20-7-2016 – As a part of the Extention Lecture Series, the Deputy Manager of Union Bank of India, Mr. V.K Adarsh talked under the topic “Informatics”.
21-7-2016 – The Second lecture in the Extension Lecture Series was by Dr. M. Sathian, Assoc. Professor (Sanskrit), SNGS College, Pattambi on the topic “Indian Aesthetics”.
27-7-2016 – Ms. Arshitha T.S spoke about the organization “Friends of Tribals Society”.
1-8-2016 – The Asst. Editor of National Book Trust, Mr. Rubin D’Cruz gave a talk on “Remembering the Great Mother: A Tribute to Mahaswetha Devi.”
3-8-2016 – A creativity session based on “No More Hiroshimas” was conducted by Subid K.S (MDesign, IIT Delhi), which focused on Ahimsa toys.
10-8-2016 – The Rtd. Assoc. Professor of CMS College, Kottayam, Dr. Susan Varghese spoke about “British History” as a part of the Extension Lecture Series.
10-8-2016 – A Cultural Fest “Agrotsav”, celebrating the Agarwal Community of Kochi was conducted jointly along with the Cochin Heritage Study Centre.
17-8-2016 – As a part of the Extension Lecture Series, a lecture on “Linguistics” by Prof. Jain Mathew (Assoc. Professor, St. Peter’s Kolencherry) was conducted.
7-9-2016 – Albertian Review of Literature (2016 Edition) was released by Dr. Paul Manalil, who is an author, researcher, and the secretary of the Sukumar Azhikode Trust.
23-9-2016 – A Documentary Fest titled “Signifieds” was carried out at Bernard Hall.
29-9-2016 – A talk titled “Aye Aye Captain: 400 Years of Shakespeare” was spoken by Prof. Josy Joseph, Assoc. Professor of SB College, Changanassery.
17-10-2016 – A session on “Postmodern Narratives and Gender Studies” was held in which Dr. Krishnan Unni, from Delhi University lectured.
15-1-2017 – As a part of the Albertian International Knowledge Summit, Dr. P.P Raveendran (UGC Emeritus Professor, MG University) gave a lecture on “An Introduction to Modernism”.
1-2-2017 – Prof. Raveendra Jain and prof. Shobhita Jain, Retd. Professors from JNU, spoke at a session on “New Vistas in Higher Education”.
8-2-2017 – In connection with Vigilance Week, the Department of English and Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kerala Police, jointly conducted an awareness class.
8-3-2017 – In connection with International Women’s Day, Dr. S. Girija from Centre for Health, Intelligence and Development gave a talk.
10-7-2017 – The English Association (TEA) conducted a session by Prof. A.A Chandradaasan, Director of Lokadharmi.
18-7-2017 – The Harrisian Forum of Critical Discourses in Humanities conducted a talk on “Hamlet, Shakespeare and Art” by Dr. C.S Jayaram.
19-7-2017 – An academic lecture on “MLA 8th Edition Style and Research Writing” was elaborated by Mr. Bibin Thomas, Asst. Professor of BCM College, Kottayam.
19-7-2017 – The book “Shanti” by Dr. A.V Vijayan was released by Prof. A.A Chandradaasan, the director of Lokadharmi.
5-8-2017 – One-day workshop on “Communication Skills” was conducted by Dr. P.M.S Kutty, Retd. Professor of English, Pondicherry University.
11-8-2017 – A talk by Dr. Ravindra Ranasinha on the topic “Post Conflict Reconciliation Action as a Social Worker” was held in co-operation with the Friends of Tibet Foundation for the Well-being.
23-8-2017 – A lecture on “Culture Studies: Theory and Praxis” was given by Dr. Tom C. Thomas, Asst. Professor of S.H College, Thevara.
20-1-2018 – As part of the Albertian International Knowledge Summit, a seminar on “Postcolonial Studies and Beyond” was conducted with the chief speaker Dr. Jaspal Singh Kaur (Northern Michigan University, USA)
18-7-2018 – Albertian Review of Literature (2017 Edition) was released by Dr. C.S Jayan.
- Reading Week Celebrations were held where the librarians and teachers spoke about the importance of reading and how books can change one’s life.
- Orientation Programme for the First Year Students was carried out in order to introduce the college and its various curricular and co-curricular activities.
- The Interview of first year students for Albertian English Learning Programme (AELP) was held in order to categorize the students into different groups. The course began on 1st July and was completed successfully by the mid of September.
- The Convocation ceremony for the UG and PG students was conducted.
- Fresher’s day for the new first years was celebrated to welcome them into the English family.
- An Orientation for Higher Education was given to the students by Ms. Neha George, who is the alumni of the college and is currently a student at Central University of Hyderabad.
- The Department of English and Friends of Tibet organized a lecture by Tushar Gandhi, the great grandson of Mahatma Gandhi on the topic “Students and Education: A Bacon of Hope for Future India in the Post Truth/ Posthuman Age.”
- As part of learning the theme of rejection in Shakespeare’s King Lear, the students visited St. Theresa’s Mercy Home, Ernakulam, and interacted with the elderly inhabitants.
- The English Association (TEA) organized a Poetry Fest where the young poet Ms. Parvathy Salil addressed the students and recited her poems.
- Dr. Krishnan Unni, faculty of Delhi University addressed the students in a lecture.
- Students of III BA English visited the painting exhibition of artist Jayakumar at Durbar Hall Art Gallery, and interacted with the curator to delve into the world of art.
- A talk on TESOL was given to the students by Dr. Giju Paul.
- The students performed a flash mob emphasizing the need to keep our surroundings clean as part of the Gandhi Jayanti celebrations.
- The function titled “Lebnah Aheb: Bricks of Love” which was an initiative by Dr. Nisha Thomji Varghese to provide financial assistance for the construction of a house for Smt. Jolly Gabriel, a non-teaching staff of our college. The key for the completed house was handed over to Smt. Jolly on 7th December 2019.
- The Albertian Expo 2020 was conducted through January 9, 10, 11, where the various classes put up their exhibits related to Literature.
- As part of the Albertian Knowledge Summit, the English Department conducted a seminar on “Post of the Posts: An Introduction to Post Truth and Post-Human Discourses was conducted on 30-1-2020