1892

St. Albert’s school started on Feb 1, 1892 with only 31 students. The school was established by Italian Missionary, Vicar General Rev. Fr. Candice, under the direction from then Archbishop of Verapoly, His Grace the Most Rev. Dr. Leonardo Mellano.

1896

On August 4, 1896, the school was elevated to the level of Lower Secondary School

1897

The two Gothic buildings which have been important land marks of Cochin City were constructed in 1897. The design and construction was carried out by Mr. Raiappan of Kottar village in erstwhile Travancore State.

1898

In 1898 due to shortage of students at St. Philomina’s High School in Koonammavu, its students and teachers were incorporated into St. Albert’s School, which had greatly helped our school to be upgraded to a High school level, and on Jan 11, 1898 formal up-gradation was done.

1898

On August 18, 1898 school got the recognition of Madras University.

1907

In 1907 a new building was constructed at the north east corner of the school ground, which was meant for hostel and chapel, school chapel still resides at this building.

1946

July 16, St. Albert’s College started in the St. Albert’s H.S. Building with 150 Intermediate Course Students, affiliated to Madras University

1946

Very Rev. Msgr. Joseph Vaipicherry, took charge as the Manager of Both St. Albert’s High School and St. Albert’s College

1946

Prof. & Grand Chevalier L.M. Pylee was appointed the first Principal

1946

Dec. 20, Foundation Stone for the New College Building was laid by the Founder Patron Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Attipetty

1947

Prof. L.M. Pylee was elevated Education Minister of Travancore-Kochi State

1947

Rev. Dr. Luke Burke, O.F.M. (Ireland) was appointed the second Principal

1947

Degree Courses were started in Botany, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics

1949

Prof. L.M. Pylee was appointed Principal for the second time

1952

Dec. 31, New College Building was blessed by His Eminence Norman Thomas Cardinal Gilroy (Sydney Archbishop)

1956

Very Rev. Msgr. Xavier Kaniyampurath was appointed the third Principal

1957

Rt. Rev. Msgr. Alexander Lenthaparambil took charge as the Manager

1960

Rt. Rev. Msgr. Francis Payyappilly took charge as the Manager

1963

B.Com. Degree course started

1964

M.Sc. Maths & Botany P.G. Degree courses started

1970

January 21, Archbishop Attipetty expired

1971

Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Kelanthara took charge as the second Patron

1973

Rev. Dr. Augustine O. Konnully was appointed the fourth Principal

1978

Rt. Rev. Msgr. Emmanuel Lopez took charge as the Manager

1978

Rev. Fr. Antony J. Panakkal was appointed the fifth Principal

1978

March 11, Rt. Rev. Dr. Antony Thannikot consecrated Auxiliary Bishop and took charge as Co-Patron

1979

Rev. Fr. Sebastian Kunnathoor was appointed Bursar

1980

M.Com. P.G. Degree course started

1983

M.Sc. Chemistry P.G. Degree course started

1984

Rev. Fr. Raphael Ollattupuram took charge as the Manager

1984

Feb. 24, Bishop Thannikot expired

1985

Prof. C.B. Peter was appointed the sixth Principal

1986

Oct. 19, Archbishop Kelanthara expired

1987

March 19, Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Cornelius Elenjikal took charge as the 3rd Patron

1987

Rev. Dr. Joseph Thaikoodan took charge as the Manager

1987

Prof. A. J. Benjamin appointed as the seventh Principal

1992

Prof. Joseph Leslie Nedungadan appointed as the eighth Principal

1993

Prof. Mathew Pylee appointed as the nineth Principal

1993

IGNOU started

1993

C.A. Professional Education – I started

1994

Prof. P. G. Michael appointed as the tenth Principal

1995

B.Sc. Aqua culture started

1996

Prof. Mathew J. Vaz appointed as the eleventh Principal

1996

B.Sc. Industrial Fish & Fishery started

1996

Purchased 3.25 acres of land at Pizhala and developed a modern aquaculture demonstration Farm

1996

New College Auditorium opened

1996

Golden Jubilee Celebrations

1996

Archbishop Cornelius Elenjikal retired

1996

Nov. 3, Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil took charge as the Fourth Patron

1998

Rev. Fr. Jose Chelangara took charge as the Manager

1998

Research Centre, Commerce started

1998

Research Centre, Maths started

1999

M.Sc. Physics started

1999

State of Art Tennis complex with Australian Flexy cushion surface inaugurated

1999

Prof. M.R. Joseph appointed as the twelfth Principal

2000

Research Centre, Chemistry started

2000

New Seminar Hall opened

2000

B.A. English started

2001

B.Sc. Voc. Chemistry started

2002

C.A. Professional Education – II started

2002

College declared Complete Computer Literate

2002

College Chapel blessed

2003

College Nationally accredited at the B++ level by NAAC

2003

New College Canteen inaugurated

2003

Rev. Dr. Clement Valluvassery took charge as the Manager

2003

Prof. P. J. Leslie appointed as the thirteenth Principal

2004

State of Art Basket Ball court with international standards inaugurated

2004

Carrier oriented Add-on courses started

2004

Business English certificate course started

2004

Inauguration of Bio-Science Lab Complex in the newly constructed building

2005

M A English started

2006

Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

2006

MBA Course started

2006

Albertian Institute of Management (AIM) was blessed by Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil on 17th May 2006

2006

Co-education introduced to aided undergraduate courses

2007

ISO 9001:2000 certified by TUV Rheinland

2007

Prof. Stanley was appointed as the fourteenth Principal

2007

Prof. Titus Correya was appointed as Vice Principal

2007

Research Centre, Zoology started

2007

Research Centre, Botany started

2007

B.Sc. Animation Course started 2007

2008

A state of the Art English Language Lab with latest facilities inaugurated

2008

Chemistry Lab accredited by Pollution Control Board

2008

Inauguration of CRG Group – Research Lab of Conservation Research Group

2008

Foundation stone laid for Women’s Hostel by Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil

2008

Chemistry Department selected under FIST program by Department of Science and Technology

2009

Co-education introduced to aided postgraduate courses

2009

State of the Art Council Hall “Concillium” inaugurated

2009

College Nationally accredited at A Grade with CGPA of 3.23 out of 4 by NAAC

2009

Certificate in Accounting Technicians of ICWAI started

2010

Prof. Harry Cleetus was appointed as Vice Principal

2010

ISO 9001:2008 re certified by TUV Rheinland

2010

Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Francis Kallarackal took charge as the Fifth Patron on 11th April 2010

2011

Digital spectroscopy lab inaugurated in Physics Department

2011

M.Sc. in Space Science and Technology started

2012

Prof Harry Cleetus was appointed as the 15th Principal

2012

Dr. Cyriac Mathew was appointed as Vice Principal

2012

B.Com Computer Application started

2013

Rev. Fr. Antony Arackal took charge as the manager

2013

M A Economics started

2013

Skill Development Centre of Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture started

2013

Ph D Course Work (Chemistry, Mathematics, Commerce, Botany, Zoology) Started

2014

Rev.Fr. Christy David Pathiala took charge as the first Assistant Manager

2014

New Indoor Stadium cum Multipurpose Hall Inaugurated

2014

BBA (Business Administration) Started

2014

B. Voc. Logistics Management Started

2014

B. Voc. Renewable Energy Started

2014

Inauguration of – Ornamental Fish Culture Lab

2014

Science Departments of the College selected under FIST program by Department of Science and Technology

2014

Foundation Stone Laid for the New Block of the St. Albert’s College

2015

A state of the Art Seminar Hall with latest facilities inaugurated

2015

St. Albert’s College is recommended by Kerala Higher Education Council for Autonomous Status

2015

BVoc Renewable Energy Lab (Thermal Energy, Wind Energy, Solar Energy, and other related equipments)

2015

Instrumentation Lab with the support of Department of Science and Technology (FIST)

2015

B. Com Taxation (SF) Started

2015

B. Sc Computer Science (SF) Started

2015

M S W Social Work (SF) Started

2015

Air Conditioned Mac Lab (Apple-Lab)

2016

Inauguration of New Academic Building by Archbishop Dr. Francis Kallarackal

2016

College Nationally accredited at A Grade NAAC (Third Cycle)

2016

Dr. M L Joseph was appointed as the Principal-in-charge, Dr. V S Sadanandan & Dr. Titus Correya were appointed as Vice Principals

2016

UGC confirmed Autonomous status to St. Albert’s College from academic year 2016-2017

2016

Albertian Centre for Language Studies Started

2016

Albertian Centre for Social Research & Civic Studies Started

2016

St. Albert’s Voluntary Executive (SAVE) & Albertian English Learning (AELP) Started

2016

Green Energy Project – 40 KV Solar power grid installed

2017

Archbishop Dr. Joseph Kalathiparambil took charge as the 6th Patron

2017

Albertian International Educational Expo & Knowledge Summit started

2017

Centre for Competitive Studies & Civil Service Grooming Program (Residential) in association with KRLCC started

2017

Rev. Fr. Joseph Sherin Chemmayath took charge as Vice Chairman

2017

Best Albertian Student Award & Best Student Award for passing out batch of each program constituted

2018

Albertian Academy for Sports & Health Studies started

2018

Physical Education Centre inaugurated at Sports Campus, Kaloor

2018

College Ranked (NIRF) between 100 – 150 by MHRD

2018

Albertian Centre for Culture & Heritage Studies started

2018

Albertian Centre for Spiritual Studies started

2018

Albertian Space Observatory installed

2018

Rev. Fr. John Christopher Vadassery took charge as Vice Principal

2019

Dr. Rosalind Gonzaga took charge as Vice Principal

2019

Rev. Fr. Jolly John Odathackal took charge as Vice Chairman

2020

Hosted third Albertian International Educational Expo 2020/ Albertian Knowledge Summit 2020/ Arts Fest 2020