Albertian Institute of Management (AIM) is a new generation B-School with a difference situated at a premier location in the city of Kochi. It is the management department of St.Albert’s College (Autonomous), owned and managed by the Archdiocese of Verapoly with century’s long glorious legacy in the field of education and social services.
St. Albert’s College is an Autonomous College situated at a premier location in the city of Kochi, affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and is functioning under the management of the Archdiocese of Verapoly. The seeds of this portal of higher learning had already been sown when St. Albert’s High School commenced its functioning in the year 1892. On August 18, 1898 the school got the recognition of Madras University. This has been a premiere centre of learning for the young male children of wider Cochin area from its very inception. The College owes its origin to the foresight and sagacity of its Founder Patron, The Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Attipetty, the first Indian Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Verapoly. His Grace, a noble prelate of rare vision and saintliness, was of the view of promoting higher education among his flock. It was with this vision that His Grace ventured upon the onerous mission of starting a College. The laboriousness of this colossal project, however, was shared by the selfless and devoted service of the Rt. Rev. Msgr. Alexander Lenthaparambil, the then Vicar General of the Archdiocese. Also in the forefront was the Very Rev. Msgr. Joseph Vaipicherry, who took charge as the Manager of both the High School and the College and also the Secretary to the College Governing Body. The mission was accomplished in 1946 when the University of Madras upgraded St. Albert’s High School, Ernakulam to a second grade College. The St. Alberts College began to function on the16 July 1946 in the old High School building with 150 students in the Intermediate Class. Degree courses were introduced in 1947. Subsequently classes were shifted to the new building just opposite to the old school building in 1951. In 1958, when the Kerala University Act came into force, the affiliation was shifted to the Kerala University. In 1983 when the Mahatma Gandhi University was established, the College became affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University.
The College celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 1996-97 and there began a new era of job oriented courses. During the time of the Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil, the former patron who was a visionary and philosopher, the college reached new heights in academic excellence. In 2009, the college was awarded ‘A’ grade by NAAC. In 2010, the college was recertified for ISO 9001: 2008 by TUV Rheinland. The College has also been selected under FIST scheme of DST and Star college programme of DBT. In March 2016, University Grants Commission granted Autonomous status to the College. In 2016 NAAC reaccredited the College at ‘A’ grade for the 2ndtime. Today, with 17 Under Graduate courses, 12 Post Graduate courses including Master’s Programmes in Space Science and Technology, Business Administration, Social Work and 6 Research Centers leading to Ph.D., St. Albert’s College (Autonomous) is indeed a front-runner in the field of higher education.
In the year 2006, the St. Alberts College have started the department of business studies christened as Albertian Institute of Management (AIM). It offers full time Masters Program in Management (MBA) that lays the foundation for an in-depth analytical and conceptual understanding of Indian and International Business.