Seminars/ Lecture series/ Workshops:
The Department conducts Seminars/ Lectures/programmes to inspire the students to renew their efforts and goals toward achieving a bright future.
- The Department of Chemistry hosts the ‘ A.J. Benjamin Memorial Lecture series annually, as tribute to Prof. A.J. Benjamin, under whose leadership, the Department grew to be a Postgraduate Department in the year 1982.
- The ‘Prof. M.R. Joseph Memorial Lecture series’ is conducted annually, in homage to the veteran chemistry teacher, Prof. M.R. Joseph who raised the college to 100% computer literacy during his tenure as the principal of the college from 1999 to 2003.
- The department organizes the ‘Walk with the Scientist’ programme every year in which students get an opportunity to have an open discussion with the eminent scientists from various National and International Research institutions, which could kindle research interests in students.
- The department organizes the ‘Walk with the Alb-Chemist’ programme every year in which students get opportunity to interact with outstanding Alumni.
- The department organizes international seminars annually at the ‘Albertian Knowledge summit’(AKS), the prestigious endeavour of the St. Albert’ College (Autonomous), Ernakulam. The seminar offers an unequalled platform for the young researchers to disseminate the fruits of their research to their academic community.