Mentoring and Mentorship in Dept of Botany
Mentorship is a relationship in which a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps to guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person. The mentor may be older or younger than the person being mentored, but he or she must have a certain area of expertise.
Mentoring Process is run through……
- Set expectations: Support, yet challenge, your mentees.
- Be a positive role model.
- Be genuinely interested in your mentee as an individual.
- Share your experiences and insights. …
- Ask questions.
- Act as a sounding board.
- Provide helpful feedback.
- Acknowledge achievements.
All the faculties of the department is engaged in the task.