To transform the Department into a Knowledge Centre of International acclaim in Fisheries and Aquaculture, through conscious efforts, focusing on research and extension, adopting a multi- disciplinary and collaborative approach.
To provide Education, Research and Outreach needed by the Society for the conservation of fishery resources and ecosystem restoration.
- To impart value based holistic education
- To provide state of the art support systems in teaching learning and research
- To maintain excellent standards in all our endeavours
- To develop soft skills and entrepreneurship skills to enhance the employability of the students
- To be socially committed through outreach programmes
- To improve constantly the academic progression of our students
- To educate the next generation of scientists, managers and teachers
- To support sustainable resource use and management through projects, consultancy and outreach programmes.
- To identify and develop strength in critical areas with technically efficient faculty generating a entrepreneurally talented group of students.
- To upgrade infrastructural resources to conduct research programmes.
- To evolve into a department of choice in Aquaculture, Fisheries and Seafood Science.