Welcome To Our Department
To transform the Department into a Knowledge Centre of International acclaim in Fisheries and Aquaculture, through conscious efforts, focusing on research and extension, adopting a multi- disciplinary and collaborative approach.
To provide Education, Research and Outreach needed by the Society for the conservation of fishery resources and ecosystem restoration.
- To impart value based holistic education
- To provide state of the art support systems in teaching learning and research
- To maintain excellent standards in all our endeavours
- To develop soft skills and entrepreneurship skills to enhance the employability of the students
- To be socially committed through outreach programmes
- To improve constantly the academic progression of our students
- To educate the next generation of scientists, managers and teachers
- To support sustainable resource use and management through projects, consultancy and outreach programmes.
- To identify and develop strength in critical areas with technically efficient faculty generating a entrepreneurally talented group of students.
- To upgrade infrastructural resources to conduct research programmes.
- To evolve into a department of choice in Aquaculture, Fisheries and Seafood Science.
- Commenced the first UG Programme of B.Sc. Aquaculture – 1995
- Commenced the second UG Programme B.Sc. Industrial Fish & Fisheries – 1996
- Leased a 1 acre farm at Vallarpadam – 1996
- Own farm of 1ha purchased at Chriya Kadamakudy, Pizhala, Ernakulam – 1998
- Participated in the first International Aquashow organized by the – 1998
Govt. of Kerala at Trivandrum
- Organized the First All Kerala Inter Collegiate Youth Festival at St.Albert’s – 2000
College associating with the Zoology Department
- Commenced the PG Programme of M.Sc. Applied Fisheries & Aquaculture – 2002
- Department started functioning in Annex Building – 2004
- First Aquaculture Department to organize Harvest Festival in Kerala – 2006
- Launched the “Conservation Research Group” CRG of Kerala – 2007
- Organized the First International Internship of the college collaborating with – 2012
the University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA
- One among the first departments funded under the DBT Star College Scheme – 2012-2017
- Recognized by MGU as a Research Department – 2016
- Associated with the Albertian International Educational Expo – 2017 & 2018 by organizing the Aquashow
- Organized Knowledge Summits in the subject associating with Albertian International Knowledge Summit – 2017 & 2018
- Functioning Entrepreneurship Skill Development Centre(ESDC) since 2013
- First Department to have 100% regular staff with Ph.D.